Tuesday, September 6, 2016

My Personal Biography


My Sister, Dad, Me, and Stepmom
      My name is Michael Collins. I was born in Wheat Ridge Colorado, and was raised with my brother and sister in Greeley Colorado. When I was 5 my parents got divorced, my Mom moved back to Kansas (where both of my parents were from) and my Dad stayed in the house in Greeley. My siblings and I also stayed in Greeley.After staying in Colorado for a while my Dad decided to move back to Kansas with us so that we could be closer to family. We moved to Wichita the summer after I finished 5th grade. I went to middle school at Truesdell middle school, or as I called it at the time true hell. During middle school I tried desperately to be "cool". I grew my hair out until it covered my face, wore all black everyday, and didn't try at school. As a direct result of that I failed the majority of my classes.
      This all changed when I started high school. At the beginning of my freshman year my Dad
My brother and me.
told me that for every A that I got he would give me $20, every quarter. I tried my best in school after that point ( to rake in the easy $) and received all A's that year. After that year my Dad refused to pay me for my grades anymore but I kept getting straight A's until I graduated. During my time in high school I was involved in multiple clubs and activities. My freshman year I joined JROTC and BEST Robotics. I learned how to march in JROTC and made what my team called the robot pole dancer in robotics(It was a wooden box with an arm that we got to pull itself up a pole and bring objects such as balls and boxes up with it to put in a crate on top of the pole).All throughout high school I was very interested in computer classes. By the end of high school I had taken every single computer class that my school offered.The most important one that I took was programming (which is how I discovered I wanted to major in computer science). I was also a school tech so I got to roam the school helping to fix the computers that the other students destroyed or sabotaged as well as helping teachers who know almost nothing about computers. I also created the majority of ads for the t.vs in the hallways of my school. Later in my high school years I joined NHS and became the treasurer. I also participated in Business Professionals of America, where I created a news cast and with that news cast I qualified and competed at nationals in Boston Massachusetts. I am very excited to read chapter 8, Computers that Learn and Adapt in Pattern on the stone because I want to learn how computers can adjust to different situations.
My Video for BPA State competition
     After I completed high school I got a job working at Tanganyika Wildlife Park. Its a zoo that specializes in providing more interactive experiences for customers. I worked customer service at the park. To be more specific I worked in concessions. I still work at Tanganyika as a summer job which works great with school. If interested in more info about Tanganyika you can go to /http://www.twpark.com/
   I am also very passionate about e-sports. I play ALOT of League of Legends, and I like to think that I'm pretty good. The first club that I had interest in at K-State was the e-sports club. I am really looking forward to the team tryouts so that hopefully I become their support or top laner. I play a lot of other games too, but league is the one that I have had the most fun playing. Chapter 6, Memory: Information and Secret codes in Pattern on the stone makes me think of video games because secret codes sound like cheat codes in a way so that chapter should be interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment